Where the City of Adelaide (“Council”) collects personal information for a particular purpose (the primary purpose), it will not use that personal information for any other purpose (secondary purpose), unless:
- The Council first takes reasonable steps to obtain the consent of the individual concerned to use his or her personal information for that secondary purpose; or
- The individual would reasonably expect the Council to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose and the secondary purpose is directly (for sensitive information) or indirectly related (for any other information) to the primary purpose; or
- The Council believes on reasonable grounds that use of the information for that secondary purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious or imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or another person; or
- Use of the information for that secondary purpose is required or authorised by law; or;
- Use of the information for that secondary purpose is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of law imposing a pecuniary penalty.
For further information on privacy matters call 8203 7203 or visit https://www.cityofadelaide.com.au/privacy/.